This post contains affiliate links – I don’t recommend products I do not use and/or love.
In just 41 days 2017 will be over and done with.
As we near the beginning of 2018, everybody will start setting these goals and resolutions about changing their lives for the New Year.
And if we are being completely honest about it, by the end of the first week of January most of us would have abandoned those resolutions we so enthusiastically made in the days leading up to the New Year.
Thus, I stopped making resolutions a long time ago.
Something I am doing differently these days is that if I feel there is a goal I want to achieve, I am not going to wait for some magical turn of the clock or drop of the ball to do so.
I am going to make that goal and then take small steps each and every day to get there. The book that really cemented this idea for me is The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson where he talks about how all the little actions and “inactions” we take everyday add up to the results we get – intended or otherwise.
Right after I read that book, I started my very first emergency fund which ended up paying for much needed car repairs recently !
To make me even more accountable, I have decided that when I pick a goal to commit to – no excuses, no explanations – I will do it for 100 days straight.
For instance, today marks day 6 of 100 days of me working out for at least 30 minutes every single day.
So what could you achieve if you stuck to a goal for the next 100 days ?
It does not have to be complicated. You can pick ONE thing or you could pick 3.
The real point post of this post is help you realize that slow and steady CAN in fact win the race.
Looking for simple actions you can take to reach a particular goal in the next 100 days ?
Here are 31 ideas.
How to change your life in 100 days – 31 simple actions you can take to get you there
- Walk for 30 minutes everyday
- Lift 10lbs weights for 5 minutes everyday
- Do 50 heel raises
- Do 50 lunges
- Perform 50 sit-ups
- Drink half a gallon of water
- Put away your cellphone during dinner and have an actual conversation
- Sit at the dinner table with your family instead of in front of a TV
- At the dinner table, have everyone talk about the highlight of their day
- Read for 20 minutes daily
- Listen to an audio book for 20 minutes daily (Get your first 2 audiobooks for free on Amazon’s Audible)
- Charge your cell phone in a room other than your bedroom (I know some of you use it for an alarm however, there is evidence that having your cell phone right next to you as you sleep could actually be preventing you from getting enough rest during sleep)
- Compliment 1 person everyday – even better if that person is your spouse
- Pray for 30 minutes
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Set a timer for 1-2 hours everyday so you can do deep work
- Write 500 words of a book
- Look yourself in the mirror and remind yourself that you deserve to be happy in all aspects of life
- Start a blog and write a blog post everyday. Don’t have the funds for a blog ? Start out on Medium.
- Record a video for your YouTube channel
- Post a story to Instagram or Facebook
- Journal your thoughts
- Create an idea diary of up to 5 ideas that were sparked as you went about your day
- Choose to forgive someone
- Learn a new skill – especially handy if you want to start a freelance business in the upcoming year to supplement your income. Udemy and Coursera are both great places to start looking for a place to learn a new skill.
- Connect/meet with one new person everyday
- Pitch a new client everyday offering them your freelance services
- Save your coins – at the end of 100 days use those coins to pay a bill
- Go outside and enjoy nature. It could be a park, a lake, the beach, mountains – whatever. The point is simply to enjoy fresh air in nature.
- Promote something you created on social media or tell someone else about it
- Connect with and strike up a conversation with at least ONE new person everyday
Of course, these are just 31 ideas I came up with and I did not cover everything you could possibly do.
Maybe you will pick something off this list or maybe one of the ideas I shared sparked a new idea for you.
It’s great either way !
The whole point is that in 100 days, things could be drastically different anyone willing to simply pick one thing and commit to taking those slow and steady steps to achieving the bigger goal.
Happy to hear your thoughts in the comments.